The Learning Center
Here to Help You Succeed!
Designed with input from the Culinary Institute of America, the Learning Center at Maines is our way of going above and beyond for our customers. The Learning Center is a full-scale, state-of-the-art prep kitchen and instructional facility; it also functions as a 300-seat meeting facility – and it’s all available to you!
What’s Available to You in the Learning Center
Watch as the Maines corporate chef and specialists lead demos, showcase new products and offer hands-on instruction. Our entire team of specialists is available to meet with you in a single visit!
- Institute best practices for food preparation and then train your staff, giving your customers a consistent experience
- Discover how Maines’ exclusive product lines reduce food costs, lower labor expenses, and increase profitability
- Perform alternate product cuttings to save you money and prep time
- Use our facility to create your own training videos
- Display PowerPoint presentations and other media on our two giant screens
- Learn more here in a few hours than you would in a week surrounded by your everyday business distractions
Maines Learning Center FAQs
Q) How can the Maines Learning Center benefit me?
A) The Maines Learning Center offers cost- and time-saving strategies to give your restaurant a competitive edge.
Q) Are there any fees for time in the Learning Center?
A) Never! The Learning Center is your resource. It’s an added benefit of being a Maines customer.
Q) Do other foodservice distributors offer a similar service?
A) No. Maines stands apart from other distributors by offering top-notch, complimentary consulting in a state-of-the-art facility.
Q) What types of professionals can I consult with in the Learning Center?
A) You have access to a team of specialized professionals. Each professional is dedicated to a particular aspect of your restaurant, including our:
- Corporate Chef: Acquire new recipes, prep ideas and food cost control tactics. Re-engineer your menu and increase kitchen efficiency.
- Beverage Specialist: From coffee to juice, learn how upgrading product and packaging can increase revenue and profitability.
- Chemical and Beverage Service Manager: Learn how to implement the customer-pleasing EAT-SAFE program at your restaurant.
- Center of the Plate Specialist: Explore our extensive Center of the Plate programs and establish value-added offerings on your menu.
- Chemical Specialist: Able to support you with your dishwasher, 3-bay sink, manual and ancillary chemical cleaning needs.
- Equipment and Supply Specialist: Reinvent place settings – from dishes to candles and anything in between – and discover optimal equipment layouts.
- Maines Brands Specialist: Discover all that Maines Signature Brands have to offer, from Brickfire Bakery breads to Cobblestone Market deli meats. Our Signature Brands offer consistent quality and pricing, thereby bringing a competitive edge to your menu.
- Produce Specialist: Learn about our Specialty and Organic Produce paired with fresh menu ideas, and valuable safety, merchandising and market trend information.
IT Specialist: With over 25 years of experience, our IT Trainer and Support Specialist works directly for Sales and can assist you in determining the best course of action for sending orders and more using the latest state-of-the-art technologies.
Talk with your Maines Account Manager to learn more about ways the Learning Center can help your business!